ABOUT JASMINE A. EDWARDS
A sampling of who I am.
- Cosmetologist: licensed to practice cosmetology in the State of Florida that includes the mechanical or chemical treatment of the hair, skin, and nails.
- Doctorate in Business Administration, (D.B.A.) Strategy and Innovation, Capella University (2019, expected graduation)
- Masters of Science (M.S.) Degree, Entrepreneurship in Applied Technologies, University of South Florida: The MUMA College of Business
- Bachelors of Arts (B.A.) Degree, Communication, University of South Florida
- Associates of Arts (A.A.) Degree, Liberal Arts, Hillsborough Community College
- Patient Care Technician Certificate, Brewster Technical College
- Cosmetology Program, Chamberlain High School
- Executive Producer, "The Affair" movie (2014)
- Contributor, "I Am Woman First," authored by Sinita Wells
- WFLA- News Channel 8
- All Parenting, from the publishers of She Knows®
- The Oracle
- The Miami Herald
- The Kansas City Star
- International Business Times
- The Florida Sentinel
- Fit Pregnancy and Baby
Some of the phenomenal women I've interviewed:
I love serving my community. Giving back is essential to moving our communities forward in a positive direction. I owe much of my success to mentors and those who went above and beyond to help me get to where I am today. Building in a community service and philanthropy aspect into the Our Womanhood + Co. brand was a non-negiotable. It had to be done.
I know how tough it can be to balance serving your community and managing your family, career and/or business, but I prove that it is possible!
It doesn't take a lot of time and it certainly doesn't take a lot of money to make a difference. Consider how you can position yourself in your community as a giver by offering up your talents and time where it is most needed. You can check out some of the things I've been involved with over the years in the list down below.
- Tampa Crossroads, Board of Directors
- Hillsborough Community College Alumni Council
- Hillsborough Community College, Ybor Campus President's Advisory Committee
- Hillsborough Community College Foundation, Scholarship Reviewer
- Hillsborough Education Foundation, Scholarship Reviewer
- Hillsborough Community College, Ybor City Campus: "Empowering Students Through Mentoring," 2017, Panel member
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Tampa Metropolitan Alumnae Chapter, "May Week 2017 - Chapter, Community & Scholarship Awards," 2017, Guest Speaker
- PACE Center for Girls, Inc., Hillsborough Campus, 2016, 2017, Workshop Facilitator/Speaker
- PACE Center for Girls, Inc., Polk Campus, 2015, Speaker/Presenter
- University of South Florida Undergraduate Research and Arts Colloquium, 2015, facilitator
- Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate High School, Recruitment and Marketing Committee, 2015-2016, Committee member
- Hillsborough Community College (HCC) Student Assistance Program (SAP) Committee, 2011, committe member
- Kiwanis Club of Tampa, "Be Wise Immunize" back-to-school event, volunteer
- National Council of Negro Women (NCNW), 2009-present, member
- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), 2009-2012, member
- Pi Iota Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. "Feed the Community" Event, volunteer
- Fearless & Flawless Boys & Girls Empowertainment Workshop, 2016, volunteer
- Grace Tabernacle Christian Childcare Center, Reading volunteer-former
- NFL Yet Mort Park Committee, Committee member-former
- University Area Community Center, Volunteer-former
AWARDS AND APPRECIATION
- The Outstanding Contribution and Public Service to the Community Award from the Alpha Sigma Chapter of Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc., 2015
- Black, Brown and College Bound Summit: Meeting the Challenges of Higher Education for African American and Latino Males Award of Appreciation for Valuable Contribution to the 2011 Summit
- Hillsborough Community College, Ybor City Campus, Student Excellence Award, Student Ambassador Service, 2011
- Carver Middle School, Art Award: "whose poppy poster was selected by the American Legion Auxiliary as one of the top 10 posters to compete in the state competition," 2001
- Tampa Crossroads Inc., Board of Directors
- Kiwanis Club of Tampa
- Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- University of South Florida, Alumni
- Hillsborough Community College Alumni
- Brewster Technicial College
- National Beta Club Alumni
- National Technical Honor Society Alumni
Connect with me on social media. I talk back!